Corporates and SMEs are faced by poor business management practises. Recruiting, training, motivating and retaining skilled workers become an enormous challenge facing small businesses in Kenya. In order to maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace, your company must invest in the training and development of your employees. Human Resources Development focuses on both training employees for their current jobs and developing skills for their future roles and responsibilities. Human Resources Development activities include: training for managers, supervisors, and teams, tuition reimbursement programs, customer service training, performance management, harassment prevention training, feedback system, career coaching. Lack of competitive marketing skills or elaborate distribution channels to sell the products and services of SMEs pose a big challenge. The products and services must be delivered to the client in the most efficient and cost effective ways.
Training and Development
In order to maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace, your company must invest in the training and development of your employees. Human Resources Development focuses on both training employees for their current jobs and developing skills for their future roles and responsibilities. Human Resources Development activities include: training for managers, supervisors, and teams, tuition reimbursement programs, customer service training, performance management, harassment prevention training, feedback system, career coaching.
I&J Consultants Limited assist with your Training and Development needs by:
- Identifying, customizing and delivering effective training solutions. At the root of all effective training is a clear set of learning objectives that are linked back to business strategy or business needs. Our Training Analysis will evaluate your training’s learning objectives and also assess if the training is actually delivering to the bottom line of your business.
- Developing a feedback assessment: Effective management development programs have at the core some type of feedback mechanism that gives individuals insight on how effectively they are managing their subordinates and well as their key relationships with their various constituencies: boss, peers, customers, etc.
- Developing succession planning and emerging leader programs. Talent is the new scarce resource for businesses in today’s constantly changing environment. A company’s ability to attract, mobilize and develop their talent is the key competitive differentiator. When a resource exits the organisation without a well-structured succession plan leaves the organisation with intellectual deficit. The developed succession plans should successfully manage the talent pipeline for the company’s future challenges.
- Designing a competency-based culture tied to business strategies and goals. This is achieved by creating and/or improving the performance management system. Performance Management is an absolute cornerstone to good HR practices and employee relations. But perhaps even more important is that performance appraisals when handled poorly can expose the company to legal issues from a disgruntled employee. The performance appraisal process should have clear and specific performance expectations for each employee and providing periodic formal feedback about the employee’s performance relative to those stated goals, provide an opportunity for feedback from the employee to help establish a richer dialog and a way to better understand their particular interests and long term career goals.
- Designing and operationalizing a reward and recognition program by conducting employee opinion surveys and focus groups. This helps identify the level of employee’s engagement, areas that are causing dissatisfaction and insights on how to fix them.
- Establishing a formal career development planning program. Providing assessment solutions to help identify strengths and areas of opportunity for development of employees: Have you ever had the candidate with the excellent resume, likeable demeanour, great references, and perfect interview that still ended up being a bad hire? Do your employees understand what is needed from them to become a leader in your organization that can help grow the company? I&J Consultants Limited ensure that the resource recruited remains the best it can be. Our experts ensure that companies select, retain, and develop both employees and managers who can help the company reach its goals.
- Customizing teambuilding events to strengthen your team and improve productivity. The objectives of team building is to:
- Understand our client’s needs and tailor-make a program that is surgical, effective and fun.
- Conduct a step by step program that will incorporate all team members throughout the day and ensuring everyone feels relevant and gets involved in a practical fun learning process.
- Provide an evening program that compliments and climaxes the build-up of the day program.
The use of different techniques will be employed depending on the group’s needs, suitability of the venue and elements of the weather. Both outdoor and indoor activities will be utilized all varying in pace, duration and content to ensure a gripping, informative and fun program through the day. The use of different props will also be employed to ensure activities are as dynamic as possible.
Program Facilitation and Group Management
Our team of seasoned facilitators will ensure the teams are placed in evenly mixed, manageable groups depending on the activity and associates present. Most activities will have a debrief session on completion to help crystallize the key lessons and help reflect on their application back at work and